Friday, June 10, 2011
Philosophy Classic Fudge Cake recipe
Long time no post! I just wanted to post a recipe I tried last night. It was a big hit at the party I went to. I have ordered the shower gel from Sephora but decided to go ahead and try the cake first. If the product smells anything like the cake tastes then I will be a happy girl. I screwed up the chocolate frosting big time (watch out with the microwave!!) so I opted to do a half batch of the chocolate ganache I made when I did the vanilla cake recipe.
-2 1/4 cups flour
-2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 c. butter
-2 1/2 cups brown sugar
-1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-3 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
-3/4 cup sour cream
-1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together dry ingredients—set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until combined.
3. Add one egg at a time, beat 1 minute after each.
Melt that chocolate.
Boil that water.
4. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
5. Mix in sour cream and dry ingredients until combined.
6. Stir in boiling water.
7. Bake in greased 9 x 13 pan at 350 degrees for 35 min. (I used a bunt cake again). LET COOL!!! Seriously, if you jump the gun your cake will fall apart. It's very soft.
To pass the time as I waited for the cake to bake I finished my prep work on the kabobs I was bringing to a BBQ that night!
Then decorate as you see fit! I adorned it with confectioner's sugar, raspberries and cherries.